Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 26, 2009

We're Nearing the End

I meant nearing the end of this wait, but I just realized that it's also the end of February, so that's pretty funny. Well, not so funny to me, but it could be funny to someone.

I had a check up today, and have progressed to 3 cm and pretty much completely effaced. This is all good news. Now all that's left is for the contractions to kick in. I did have some cramping off and on all day, and actually timed an hour's worth of contractions tonight, but they tapered off. Maybe they will start again, but for now there are no plans to rush off to the hospital.

My next appointment is on Monday instead of waiting a whole week. If I go to that one, we will set a day next week to be induced. He's really not expecting that to be necessary, but at least we have a plan in place. The nice thing is that I've progressed so far already that he believes inducing would be very simple, and it would just be a push to get labor started. I really feel like I won't need to go on Monday. This is all basically how the end went with Jacob too, and once we started talking about inducing he decided to come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment