Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 22, 2009

40 weeks and counting

Thank you to all the optimistic people who thought I would have the baby early. We're still hanging in here at 40 weeks. I'm starting to feel pretty confident that she will come this week, but it might be more wishful thinking than anything else. I'm feeling pretty good, so that is going to make any wait we have left a lot easier to handle. Her head moved into proper position, so the terrible back pain I was having last week is gone. I've avoided the rash that I developed at the end with Jacob, so that's also very good news. Other than being out of breath sometimes and just needing to move more slowly than I would like, I don't have a lot to complain about right now.

I've had some intermittent contractions during the past week, and especially this weekend, but they are very sporadic and mainly happen when I'm moving around a lot. So, no real ones yet, but one of these days they have to stick around. We're starting to cut it close with Grandpa & Grandma S's vacation, so she has to be born by Friday! That would be the same date as Jacob's birthday (August 27), so maybe she just wants to be exactly 2 1/2 years younger than he is.


Here is what I hope is our final picture of this pregnancy. I am a lot bigger than I was with Jacob, which I never thought would be possible. I've stuck out further almost the whole time, so I guess it's true about carrying boys and girls differently. I'm also very tired and starting to get more puffy in my face, so that makes for a lovely picture.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Robyn - I'm thinking of ya!! Hope all goes well. Can't wait to see pictures when she does decide to arrive!! ;) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete