Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 1, 2009

41 weeks

Our February baby is officially a March baby. How about that? And we thought Jacob was stubborn...he only hung on until 40 weeks, 6 days.

Grandpa and Grandma S. are out of the country now, which is too bad. We were really hoping everyone could be here when she is born, but this little stinker decided to make other plans. Who knows, maybe she was going to wait until they get back. Little does she know, we are not waiting until 42 weeks to get this moving.

While we are not terribly worried right now because she's still pretty active for having very little room to move around, the (extremely small) risk of complications starts to get larger as you approach 42 weeks and beyond. As much as I've been hoping and feeling that I would go into labor on my own, I'd rather not let this drag on any longer. I'll get the details tomorrow, but my doctor thinks breaking the water is all it will take to get the contractions going. Most likely, I'll be scheduled for Tuesday or later to go into the hospital. I'll let you all know what's going on when I know. In the meantime, I have 15 hours to start on my own and avoid going to my appt.

No comments:

Post a Comment