Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Such a pretty face (or: 16 weeks old)

Purely by coincidence, I found a good time to take some photos of Mariella on Tuesday. I don't keep track of weeks anymore, so I actually had to count them on a calendar. A couple of news worthy items on her:
She has discovered a new sound. It's a nice gurgly sound in the back of her throat. She's been experimenting with that a lot recently. She is also (finally) sleeping in the crib. It took a long time for me to admit that she really is too big for the bassinet. The transition was seamless. So far, no changes to her waking and sleep habits, which is fine. The last thing is that her eyes are turning color. They seem to be staying light, and also seem like they will turn the color of Daddy's and Jacob's eyes. It's hard to tell from these pictures, but if I could ever get some good ones outside (Mariella not squinting) you would see it. I guess Mommy will be the lone brown-eyed person in this house!






I am going to eat this blanket!

Squeezing her fingers as hard as she can

This is one of my favorites. Such wide eyes, little tongue sticking out, and thumb in her mouth.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE THE PICTURES OF MARIELLA!! Wish I see the kids every day.

    Love, Grandma B

    ReplyDelete
  2. her hair is hilarious!! can't wait to see you all in a few weeks!!

    ReplyDelete