Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I Can Do it Myself

We've heard this a lot from Jacob. And it's true, he can do a lot of things by himself.

But this is about Mariella. This girl has one serious independent streak. She's not quite ready to move out of the house, but she does like to feed herself. She was stealing the spoon from me yesterday (not a new occurrence) and I tried making sure there was food on it before she grabbed it. She gobbled up her oatmeal, and then I gave her some green beans--a new food. I'm not sure she even noticed that it was new. She just wanted the spoon. I don't think I actually fed her. Her hands were the ones putting the spoon in her mouth with every bite. She did it again when Tom fed her.

Finishing up the oatmeal

Yummy spoon!

First taste of green beans

The spoon rarely leaves her mouth, so I can't get her real reactions

1 comment:

  1. Mariella is sure in a big hurry to become independent. Kind of reminds me of her Mommy when she was little......

    :-) Grandma B.

    ReplyDelete