Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, August 14, 2009

Baking

One thing I always looked forward to when having kids was baking with them. We don't do it a whole lot, but when we do it's a lot of fun. As Jacob has gotten older he's gone from just watching to helping stir to adding the ingredients. He's always been good for licking the bowl, but now he usually waits until the batter is out before sticking his fingers in. Our most recent culinary delight was brownies. He will one day marvel that brownies don't have to come from a box, but for now it's nice to only have a few ingredients to add. And yes, there is raw egg in the batter, but I'm sure a few little licks won't hurt. With the amount of cookie dough I ate when I was pregnant, he probably has an immunity to raw eggs.

Licking the spoon

"Want some, Mommy?"

Hmmm, it doesn't say anywhere on here that it should be all over my face

Guess I better wipe it off!

1 comment:

  1. What a good little baker he is turning out to be. It looks like he has perfected the most important part of the whole process!

    G & G B

    ReplyDelete