Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Big news from both kids

I can't believe I'm actually typing this, but Mariella has a tooth. I just noticed it earlier this evening when I was getting ready to feed her. I've been checking almost every day, just because she's had some bumps in her bottom gums for several weeks. I really didn't expect to see one pop through already. Now that this one is in, I think the second one is right behind it. It's white, but I can't feel it yet. UPDATE 7/15 The second tooth broke through today.

I don't know who she thinks she is, but between all this rolling/scooting, trying to sit up, and now a tooth, I have great fear that she will be a determined early walker. She's definitely trying to be a big girl. I'd settle for sleeping a little longer between feedings at night, if she wants to grow up!

*************************************
In Jacob's news, I'm not sure he wants me posting this on the internet but he wore underwear for half the day today! I decided to experiment because he just isn't bothered by a wet pull-up. I explained to him that he would get wet if he peed in the underwear, and about a half hour after putting them on, he did. He definitely didn't like it. So I cleaned up and got him a new pair, and after that he stayed dry for the next few hours! One time he told me he had to go, the rest of the time I was just setting the timer and he went when it beeped. For the afternoon, he opted for a diaper. That was OK, because he did great and I know we can try it more often at home now. Yay Jacob!

2 comments:

  1. Mariella - wow, you're already a big girl!!
    Jacob - way to go!

    Can't wait to see all of you in just a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Mariella apparently can't wait to start eating real food. She has it all figured out! Can't wait to see those little teeth this weekend!

    Hurray for Jacob! Great job. One step closer to no diapers! Tell him Grandpa and Grandma B are very proud of him!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete