Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 12, 2009

34 weeks

Here we are with 6 weeks to go until the baby's due date. We are making some progress in getting everything ready that we want to, but there is also a certain frantic feeling to all of this. I had a similar experience with about a month to go with Jacob, and we managed to get everything done before he was born. Of course, we were worried about having things ready by 37 weeks and then he made us wait 4 more weeks to make his appearance.

We are making good progress on Jacob's new room. The bed is assembled, he has tested it out by jumping on it, and he's checked everything out and played in it. The only things left to do are to get the closet cleaned out, put his stuff in there, and start trying to get him to sleep in the new bed. We were going to try it this past weekend, but it still kind of smells like paint when the door is closed, so we'll give it another week.

My next doctor's appointment is on Friday, and then I go back in 2 weeks. Once February hits, I'm going every week. I think that's where the frantic feeling is coming from--that and the fact that in 2 1/2 weeks my doctor is going to tell me (like he did last time) that if I go into labor at that point, they will not do anything to stop it. The good thing is that I know we are minimally prepared in case the baby comes a little early. We have diapers, some clothes, a place for her to sleep, and the carseat. The rest will fall into place.

1 comment:

  1. Look how cute you are! How is that I don't remember all of the yucky stuff from the end of pregnancy last time? The swelling, the bathroom issues, and the hormonal crazies?

    I can't wait to see pictures of Jacob's new room!

    ReplyDelete