Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, November 24, 2008

27 weeks and a new position

On Friday night, I started feeling more than kicks and punches. This was squirming and flailing that made my belly move on its own. Then the squirming seemed to change to stretching, and I could feel it on both sides at the same time. Kind of uncomfortable, but it was always brief. Suddenly, my entire belly moved and I actually felt the baby move into a head-down position. I know the head is down because now I have tiny little feet kicking my ribs.

This sudden transition caused me to "grow" overnight. A baby lying sideways doesn't stick out as much as a baby that is vertical. I'm relieved because now the nerve in my back that was being pressed by the baby's head can go back to normal, but now I have to get used to the outward growth. Balance has been a little tricky the past couple of days, but it's getting better.

Depending on whose calendar you go by, I am either in the third trimester now or I will be next week. It's hard to believe that we only have 3 months left until the due date! Time is going to go really quickly, and we have a lot to do around the house before then. Where is that "nesting" instinct when you really need it?

No comments:

Post a Comment